tirsdag, august 31, 2010

22.8.10

Thoughts in the train about friendship…

I’ve spent some wonderful days in Kiev!  Being with Kiyomi is amazing! I love her!!!

Today I was with her at the goodbye-party for her friend Julie. Julie is an amazing girl. She came here tree years ago, to work and be a part of an international christian student-fellowship program in Kiev. Julie made friendship with them, between them, brought them to church and dicipeled them. Like Vicka, who is now leading teen challenge’s outreach-team.

 I met Julie last time I visited Kiev. Kiyomi was so sad, because she had to leave me for a retreat with the worship-group for one night. But no problem! Julie said ”I can hang out with your friend”. She did. Even though I had never met her before. We went for a walk.. Went climbing, but since it was mai 1 th, we went to visit her friends instead. I had such a good time with her! I didn’t expect such a warm including from somebody I would probably never meet again..

That’s what makes her so awesome! She knows how to love people unconditionally.. Non-profitally.. Voulentairy.. Without expecting anything back.

SO often we make friends with people because we want something.. People that might help us with something.. Make us look cool.. Give us the right conections, so we’ll succeed with business, or get married with the right one.. Or as among many of us christians, get a new soul to heaven and be able to bost a little on judgement day or in church on Sunday.

But Jesus calls us to just love. Like he did. He made friend with bandits, hyperactive fishermens.. prostitutes.. Criples.. He had nothing to get. Only to give. Because he gave his very everything,  he has billions of friends all over the world today. J








Ingen kommentarer: